Rocky Neck State Park

Originally published at: https://explorect.org/rocky-neck/

Rocky Neck State Park Connecticut State Park 708 acres in East Lyme, CT Parking: Lots of parking at 244 W Main St, Niantic, CT or more direct access to trails near 275 CT-156 East Lyme, CT Trail Map Trails: 4 miles Rating: ★★★★★ Rocky Neck is…

I did the Red Trail today. This was my first real visit to the park. It’s a bit further away than I typically go. I liked very much the area that starts near the marsh and you can see the birds but was a little bit disappointed that The view of them is quickly obscured from the woods. However on the back end as I was heading back towards the parking lot I saw a number of different types of butterflies which seemed to stop and pose for five or so minutes which was pretty neat for the photography I like to do. I missed the cave and Tony’s nose. I walked along the beach until I got to the Giants Neck Beach. I went at first to the hole in the wall Beach as it was not being behind the paywall today. They were much more seashells there than on the Rocky Neck Beach for whatever reason. It was nice to see both. The pavilion building is kind of neat.